Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Dear Israel

                                       
                                                            June 28th, 2016
Dear Israel,
    God’s Promised Land. His chosen land. Plastered on the news. Fox, CNN, MSNBC. The Middle East. War. Judaism. Islam.
    Israel, I’m not sure that I ever had a complete thought about you prior to visiting you. You existed as an ancient part of my faith and flashed across my TV screen occasionally with news of war, but that was the extent of it.
    Please forgive me of my ignorance of your people, your culture, and your deep current importance in my faith. I thank God for this wake-up call as there is still time for me to stand with you.
    I have to laugh at myself. I thought you would give me the chance to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and strengthen my faith with a passport stamp as a cherry on top. Oh my ignorance!
    I received a border control card rather than the stamp, and El Al took my toiletries, but O Israel, I honestly can’t collect all these wonderful thoughts I now have of you just yet. You were all I’ve ever dreamed of and so much more.
    Jaffa, O I pray I don’t run away like Jonah. May I dive in head first to whatever God calls me to.
    The Sea, O let me get out of the boat to walk in the power of the Spirit with my Savior.
    The Jordan, O fill me up Lord and lead me in surrender as I begin my life in ministry.
    Jerusalem, O may I never lose sight of the ministry, love, and life-giving sacrifice of my Savior.
    Your Borders, O may my heart never lose the fire you have ignited to share you stories and pray intentionally for all involved.
    Your People, O may I never lose the deep-rooted love I have for you and may we work together in the hope and power of our Father.
    Israel, how can I ever repay you? To say you have changed my life would be an understatement. You are misunderstood by many, including some back home. Yet, you welcomed me with open arms. You brought me into the land of my Savior and laid the foundations of strong passion for you in my very soul. Toda! Thank you!
    I promise to carry the banner our God has given me. I will wave it in support and honor for you and your people. I am your advocate now, and I believe many others are now too. Even in the midst of lingering questions, I recognize right from wrong. For that reason, I stand with you as my Savior has called me to do. God shall establish you and increase your numbers. His sanctuary will be in you all as the prophet Ezekiel once wrote.
    Your people are my people. I cry “Toda Abba!” for bringing me into your land and giving me a new scope of the world.  I’m forever grateful to God our Father, and you O Israel. I love you, and I stand with you.
                                                                                                                Shalom My Friend,
                                                                                                                     Keri Fulp

No comments:

Post a Comment