Monday, July 7, 2014

A Few Long Awaited Entries!

So, I failed pretty miserably in terms of blogging throughout my time in Vietnam. I do, however, have a great explanation for that, not an excuse, I'm not big on those, but an explanation.

Here goes....Vietnam stole my heart. That is all; that's why I didn't blog like I said I would.

Seriously, I feel in love with a place I never before imagined I would travel to and a people I never dreamed I would meet. Each day was filled new adventures, challenges, weird foods, crazy bus rides, and really hard lesson plans (more on that later). It was AMAZING, but it was also supa dupa (more on this later too) exhausting!

So, here's what it boils down to. I was normally far too tired to even think of opening my tablet to write out the day's events and my whirlwind emotions, but even when I did have the energy to write, I didn't want to. I didn't want to, because I didn't want to miss a thing. I wanted to soak up as much of Vietnam, my kids, my new friends, and this awesome culture as I possibly could in three short weeks. Therefore, the blog was pushed to the side.

You know what? I'm so glad I pushed it to the side! God had really awesome things for me to experience and be a part of at all times of the day! I didn't miss them, and now, I can sit here with a heart full of joy and mind full of reflection prepared to tell you my story.

I will tell you, that I will probably never be able to express what I experienced over the past month just how I really want to. I think you just have to be there. It's one of those things that really impacts your life in an incredibly awesome way. I'll do my best to tell you all about it though, because this is a story worth telling a million times over!

Here are some links to videos with our pictures from the trip in them. The first one was made by our American director, Oyuki, and it contains photos of all the coaches. The next one is one I made myself. I am missing some photos from Japan and Ho Chi Minh City, including the war museum; so, that's quite disappointing (you can ask my mom). They are lost somewhere in the cloud, and "No one understands the cloud!" Maybe they'll come back someday. I don't know, but in the meantime, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifO-D40e1-Y

http://animoto.com/play/MVXehzoyTBE91kXLnLSZIg

No comments:

Post a Comment